Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this position is responsible for coordinating and expediting flow of materials, parts, and assemblies beginning from the receiving dock, to within or between departments, ship to outside vendor, and complete to customer, in accordance with customers’ delivery requirements. Will assist Supervisor with manpower distribution as needed.
- Monitor and expedite the flow of job orders within or between departments to ensure prompt progress of goods to conform to production schedules and on time delivery to customers
- Identify any bottleneck issues with appropriate department head
- Manage incoming material hold area and release parts to the floor as necessary per production schedule
- Plan and prioritize operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Monitor material movement in production cycle to ensure continuous operations
- Collaborate with the Production team and interface with other departments (Engineering, Commercial, etc.) on material status, production planning, and customer commitments
- Investigate production control issues, analyze root cause, and derive solutions
- Assist with shop audits and report findings
- Manage parts through the various stages of missing features, missing travelers, disposition, technical review, etc. to ensure continuous progress of parts
- Ensure knowledge of location of hardware at any given time
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- At least 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment and 3 years in production control role, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- Must be organized and possess time management skills and skills to adapt to priority changes
- Ability to multitask and follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software (e.g., Excel, Outlook email)
- Must have basic addition and subtraction skills involving whole numbers, decimals, and fractions
- Must be able to transpose, compare, and manipulate numbers
- Strong attention to detail
- Be able to communication information clearly to others verbally and in documented form in English
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Must be able to work all required hours, which may include weekends
- Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast-paced with strong commitment to accountability
- Function effectively within a team environment
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Perform any other task management deems necessary or required to support the company and customer commitments
Physical Demands/ Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move throughout the facility, stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 40 pounds unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please send resume noting job inquiry ID#468041023SC to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.