Will assist the shift supervisor in the day-to-day management of production operations; Together with shift supervisor, will oversee the Cell Leads; manage the performance and schedule of personnel; Ensure quality product and service delivery within the scope and timing of the projects, proper training, workflow methods, and operational techniques of employees; Timely communications with, and delivery of, reports; Will help manage and facilitate policy, procedures, safety practices and standard operating procedures; Performs required operations of Production. This position will require a motivated leader, communicator, and problem solver who can motivate and assist in directing employees.
- Assist in supervising and coordinating all activates of employees assigned to an area of the shop
- Communicate with cell leaders and members of the department, by continually updating them on all information affecting the efficient and safe operations within the department as instructed by supervisor
- Liaise with all supporting departments (Quality/Traffic/CAMs/Maintenance) to resolve problems
- Assist in directing the department in a manner that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and quality
- Accurately and promptly assist in completing all paperwork associated with the position
- Assist with coordinating production part rework activity
- Work closely with Production Control to manage the flow of material and priorities through the shop
- Assist Supervisor in ensuring all employees abide by safety and quality company standards and regulations
- Training with supervisor to ensure that job performance matters are resolved fairly in accordance with the Employee Handbook with assistance of Human Resource Department
- Review, complete, and sign off on all RCCAs generated in MRB loop
- Attend Production Meetings, Lead Meetings, Kick Off Meetings, etc. as necessary
- Performs job requirements of an EDM Operator or Cell Lead as needed
- All other responsibilities, duties and/or training that are assigned by supervisors
- Adhere to all quality and safety standards
- High School Diploma/Equivalent (documentation required)
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Should have ability to run and set up all applicable production equipment
- Must have ability to train other employees on production processes and procedures
- Must have the ability to operate Inspection equipment such as CMM and Vision machines
- Must have flexibility in hours based on business necessity
- Must have ability to interact with internal and external customers and communicate in a respectful and efficient manner
- Strong team building skills: ability to lead, cooperate, motivate, and contribute as part of a team with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to go above and beyond to drive processes for internal and external customer satisfaction
- Ability to inspect work produced using micrometers, gauges, calipers and other measuring instruments to verify conformance to specifications
- Must have ability to communicate verbally and in written form in English
- Must have the flexibility to work through completion of time critical projects as necessary
- Must be proficient in analyzing information, problem solving and teamwork
- Maintain excellent attendance record
- Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting Job #4081030223SCR to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.