Reports to the Production Supervisor. Responsible for evaluating customer drawings, models, and specifications to determine the most efficient machining process, by utilizing lean concepts and continuous improvement methods, to manufacture high quality products. Works as a hands-on member of the team to create and implement lean plans. Specifies and develops manufacturing methods, details, tooling, and all items needed to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification. Prepares, facilitates, monitors, evaluates and documents training in specific areas. Provides safe and efficient routine and non-routine machining to components and parts in accordance with MTI policies and procedures.
- Ensure solutions to achieve required quality levels, reliability, and consistency within the established timelines.
- Identify customer requirements from blueprints and/or other customer-supplied information.
- Prove out operations and EDM parameters.
- Develop, prepare, and maintain process routings and operation instructions.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Quality, and Production team members to provide daily support, training, and the supply of vital elements for production and new product development.
- Effectively train, monitor, and evaluate well-suited production employees.
- Document training progress and provide feedback to trainees and management.
- Troubleshoot production floor issues and implement corrective actions.
- Run multiple machines efficiently on a continuous basis, identify problems during production run, and inspect parts on a daily basis using various types of inspection equipment.
- Develop and perform custom work, repair processes, tooling revisions, and fixture calibrations and/or corrections.
- Overall part process planning to identify sequence of operations.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required to support the company in meeting customer commitments
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Any additional responsibilities as required by management to execute customer requirements
- 7+ years’ experience in manufacturing process development and machining principles
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s) – documentation required.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects based on customer demand and production schedule
- Must be a motivated self-starter and work with minimal direction
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Able to run parts to specification on a daily basis on multiple machines (EDM, lathes, grinders, milling machines, etc.)
- A positive and professional manner regardless of customer requests, complaints, or demeanor
- Interact with other employees, suppliers, and customers in a courteous and professional manner
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Integrity and friendly approachability
- Must be able to use standard gages (micrometers, calipers, height stands, etc.)
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand occasionally, move throughout the facility, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds without assistance and up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability and customer needs.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit resume noting Job Inquiry #4081090923SC to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.