This position will require a problem solver who can work effectively, efficiently and independently, in a deadline-driven, dynamic environment that requires interfacing with various personnel, both internal and external, ensuring project execution with their support and engagement. The Project Manager will have to demonstrate and inspire a sense of urgency and utilize a proactive approach to be able to identify and successfully resolve problems with minimal direction, and demonstrate good judgment to make appropriate decisions. Must know how to manage through influence and collaboration but without possessing direct reporting authority.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for efficient and effective communication and coordination of both internal and external resources for the completion of projects. Will review project design requirements for compliance, achieving company standards, and requirements of the project plan design. Will manage the overall project timeline, the individual sequences of the project process, and the individual subcontractors’ completion timelines to keep the overall project timeline on schedule.
- Work with other departments within Meyer Tool to help with layout and logistics of the machine moves
- Work with manufacturing and floor personnel effectively on a daily basis for alignment of project
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required regarding project completion
- Challenge the project team members and functional managers regarding performance and meeting targets and milestones of the project to ensure on-time execution. Escalate issues as needed through appropriate chain of command
- Provide formal updates against goals on a regular basis to the management team
- Coordinate and participate in installation of equipment and mechanical devices
- Adhere to all applicable safety and quality standards
- Ensure execution of projects is on-time, within budget, and to satisfaction of company requirements
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Bachelor’s degree in project management /engineering. 5 years of experience in aerospace project management and/or demonstrated project management skills in advanced technology combined with high school diploma will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- Ability to process and communicate information efficiently using Microsoft Office software specifically MS Project
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to scope, quote, and manage competitive bids from mechanical and engineering contract sources for projects
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to apply hands-on approach in supporting activities and to step in when needed, providing leadership through participation
- Excellent planning, organizing, time, and work management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Experience in manufacturing process development and machining principles
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, to understand and fulfill customers’ needs
- Must work with limited direct supervision
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation and a sense of urgency
- Result oriented and consistently provide exceptional service
- Able to prioritize and follow up accordingly
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- Lean Manufacturing and Green Belt, Six Sigma, or similar training
- Strong ability to set priorities, solve problems, and be resourceful when under pressure
- Formal project management training
- Understanding of quality systems such as AS9100, ISO and NADCAP
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move throughout the facility, stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 60% of the work day). Must frequently lift/ move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit resume noting job inquiry ID#11450060523BB to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.