Reporting to the General Manager, this position maintains the flow of day-to-day operations; Provides support to all departments; Assures effective results throughout all administrative roles described below.
- Maintains, records, edits, and prepares documents and files on computer system
- Enters work orders into Visual systems from customer purchase orders
- Maintains contact with customers as needed
- Prepares and mails invoices; verifying cost against purchase order; completes invoice packet for company file including proof of shipment, purchase order and invoice
- Maintain general office files
- Scans all travelers and renames for easy access to other departments
- Corrects Certifications of Compliance
- Answers phones, directs calls as needed
- Works closely with Management and AMK staff to assure that all Purchasing functions remain cross trained and AMK staff is kept informed
- Verifies invoices from suppliers when pricing and/or quantities do not correlate
- Enters purchase orders for welding gases, weld wire, contract services upon requisition
- Enters purchase orders on all outside services linked to a work order
- Updates costs in system due to price increases and/or freight charges
- Responsible for retrieval of customer orders and cash receipts from customer websites
- Works independently with little supervision
- Provides Audit support to the Quality Manager
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- General Administrative tasks for facility
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned by management
- Utilizes the computer systems including Visual ERP and Microsoft Outlook programs
- High School diploma (or equivalent) PLUS 3 years of relevant Purchasing experience required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s) – documentation required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate professionally verbally and in writing with customer to understand needs and concerns
- Strong administrative skills: organization, time management, planning, and problem solving
- Work with limited direct supervision
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation and a sense of urgency
- Know and understand the needs of internal and external customers
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English
- AMK/MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- Degree in Finance, Business, or Supply Management preferred
Physical Demands /Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, move throughout the facility, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee may be required to lift/or move up to 30 pounds unassisted. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard –75% of the work day). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #9470020522AMK to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.