This position is responsible for Quality support in the development and implementation of procedures and work instructions that are created to meet customer requirements. Will perform quality engineering assignments, utilizing problem solving techniques, process improvements, auditing techniques, and quality principles. Supports product quality, cost, and delivery goals.
Report to the Quality Manager; Evaluate and process non-conforming hardware; Maintain and improve the quality management system through the development, writing, and implementation of quality-related procedures, assuring their effectiveness by utilizing various continuous improvement initiatives through the support of inspection/product assessment activities.
- Review engineering documentation to ensure it contains the necessary quality assurance, customer provisions, and criteria
- Work with Engineering, Customer Service Support, and Operations to drive continuous improvement in products and processes
- Participate and engage in the Quality Engineering cross-training program
- Review final inspection and/or perform sample inspections on parts prior to shipping as required
- Assist the Quality Manager, as needed, with various audits and compliance projects
- Maintain quality and engineering documentation to ensure product traceability
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned
- Must be able to work required hours to ensure delivery of customer product (may require staying past normal scheduled hours and weekends)
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Degree in Engineering or Industrial Engineering or Applied Statistics required
- 5+ years relevant experience in hi tech manufacturing environment with a focus on quality engineering, planning, reporting, executing statistical process control and process FMEA.
- Experience with new product introduction and development programs
- Ability to lead teams or projects achieving desired results on schedule
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to use standard gauges (micrometers, height gauges, calipers, etc.)
- Must be able to use Infor Visual ERP system to create travelers/routers and other job planning activities
- Broad knowledge of Quality tools (SPC, Total Quality Management, FMEA, 8-D structured problem solving, Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility etc.).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and Minitab.
- Must have the ability to travel within the U.S. and internationally without restriction and, upon request prior to travel, must be able to provide any documentation that may be required by the country of destination
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Must be able to clearly communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug screening will be required.
- Experience with Nadcap, ISO, and AS standards
- Prior experience as an auditor
- Green Belt in Six Sigma or similar training
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools such as 5 Whys, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, and/or equivalent quality training
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and move throughout the facility. Will use hands, frequent stretching, climbing, pushing, pulling, crouching, stooping, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in manufacturing environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 80% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #9327040819AMKR2 to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Wednesday August 17th, 2022