FAA Testing Mandatory
This position is responsible for Quality Engineering support of daily production requirements and in the development and implementation of procedures and work instructions that are created to meet regulatory requirements set forth by the internal and external Quality Requirements. Performs quality engineering assignments utilizing strong problem solving techniques, process improvements, auditing techniques, training and sound quality principles. Coordinates and implements continuous improvement methods and processes that support production quality, cost and delivery goals and objectives set forth by the business leader.
The Quality Engineer will assist in day-to-day production needs as well as establishing, maintaining and improving the quality management system through the development, writing, and implementation of quality related procedures, assuring their effectiveness while utilizing various continuous improvement initiatives, and through the support of inspection/product assessment activities. The QE will work closely with the production personnel as well as the Engineering team to ensure Safety and Quality objectives are met.
- Review of engineering documentation to ensure it contains the necessary quality assurance and customer provisions and criteria are met
- Work with engineering, customer support, and operations to drive continuous improvement in products and processes
- Provide quality support and guidance on critical processes and operations
- Update and maintain a material control system including material testing, specifications, and trouble shooting
- Maintain and review quality metrics with emphasis on repair procedures (machining, Weld, Heat treat, Inspection)
- Communicate non-conformance trends to the management team, investigate root causes, and brainstorm possible solutions
- Performs trending of quality data to proactively identify opportunities for improvements
- Create / Review new and/or revised internal standard processes and special process documents
- Review final inspections and/or perform inspections on parts prior to shipping as required
- Meet with internal inspectors weekly to evaluate defect/rework trends
- Assist with various audits, procedure/technical, and compliance projects
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Help Develop, support, and oversee training Programs across business, ensuring continuous improvement and Lean processes
- Ensure that the processes are delivering their intended outputs
- Ensure that the quality management system conforms to the requirements of ISO 9001 / AS9100 and FAA FAR 145.
- Bachelor’s degree in field of engineering. Associate’s or HS Diploma plus 5 years’ experience in gas turbine quality systems will be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Knowledge of gas turbine quality standards including AS9100 and FAA FAR145 Repair Station
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools such as 5 Whys, FMEA, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma and/or equivalent quality training
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Ability to develop, process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software
- Ability to lead teams or projects achieving desired results on schedule
- Demonstrated Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to meet with Leadership, Customers, and Regulatory Authorities
- Must be able to use standard inspection equipment including, but not limited to: micrometers, height gauges, calipers etc.
- MTR&O is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment and ongoing FAA drug testing will be required.
- Ongoing FAA testing and training mandatory
Preferable Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience with Lean Processes, Six Sigma, Auditing, NDT, Nadcap, ISO, AS and FAA standards
- A&P license
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button, scroll mouse and keyboard – 75% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, you must submit resume noting job inquiry ID#7402050323MTRO to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetics, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.