Job Description and Function:
Reporting to the Quality Manager (QM), the Quality Engineer (QE) will be responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the work instructions and procedures, from a quality perspective, created to meet customer requirements. Support and lead by example, the building and maintenance of a “culture of quality” across the organization. Work as part of a team to assure all requirements are met and are up to standards to support our goals of quality, cost and delivery. The QE will analyze data for assigned processes and lead teams to drive thorough investigations for Root Cause Corrective Action to support process improvements. The QE will work closely with the engineering and production teams to ensure processes are being followed by assisting with audits and engaging the people when deviations are observed from our required quality standards.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement of quality procedures and compliance projects for product specific finished goods
- Engage in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) using specified methods; FAI, FMEA, PFD, MSA, Process Capability, Control Plan, Run @ Rate, 8D, etc.
- Manage Qualification requirements and submission packages to external customers
- Support overall QMS via internal audit system ensuring conformance to the requirements of AS9100 and other quality standards
- Review Purchase Order requirements using internal system and manage flow down of QMS requirements
- Understand all customer specifications and blue print requirements and their incorporation into the operation instructions
- Create inspection instructions by selecting the proper inspection equipment, methods and frequency; work with the PE for incorporation into the operation instructions
- Validate/Approve that all inspection methods and techniques are robust
- Assist the PE in the development of process routing and operation instructions as well as performing final review and approval after creation
- Facilitate root cause analysis and change implementation such as FMEA, DMAIC, PDCA, 5 WHY, etc. using product specific quality data; collaborating with managers, engineers, supervisors and leads to re-design processes as necessary
- Assist with change implementation and ensure solutions achieve required quality levels, reliability, and consistency in a cost-effective manner
- Assist in development and approval of Special Handling instructions
- Provide support and communicate with shop floor personnel effectively on a daily basis
- Manage customer required sampling programs; seeking out sampling approval from the Quality Manager when processes are meeting customer requirements for sampling
- Manage containment and over-inspection when non-conformances occur
- Review and approve MRB documents submitted by quality technicians
- Assist with customer and internal audits
- Attend customer meetings (kick off, coordination review, and close out)
- Assist with answering customer findings including review and approval of customer corrective action requests in addition to other quality related items when guided by the Quality Manager
- Submit part samples and paperwork to the metallurgical evaluation lab and review results
- Review and approve all incoming vendor certifications for associated product line
- Manage Scrap product for recycling or return to customer
- Assist with sourcing hardware as needed
- Engage in legacy part review to ensure processes and instructions are up to our current standards
- Assist in training of new or existing team members
- Perform any additional duties as required by management
Required Education and Skillset:
- Must meet one of the requirements below:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, IO psychology or related field
- Associates degree in related field and 3 years manufacturing experience
- 8+ years of manufacturing experience with HS Diploma
- Intermediate knowledge of quality and lean tools
- Six Sigma Green Belt or similar training
- Intermediate ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office Products
- Intermediate ability to evaluate data using Minitab
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Must be able to use standard gauges (micrometers, height gauges, calipers, )
- Understanding of quality systems such as AS9100, ISO, and Nadcap
- Working knowledge of QMS
- Ability to critically evaluate individual processes and projects
- Possess a firm understanding of process improvement techniques and experience in application of the same
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of internal and external customers
- Result oriented and consistently provide exceptional service
- Able to prioritize and follow up accordingly
- Ability to work in fast paced team environment with a strong commitment to accountability
- Work without direct supervision
- Must be organized and committed to meeting deadlines
- Excellent speaking, listening, comprehension, and written communication skills in English
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person (documentation required)
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and move throughout the facility. Will use hands, frequent stretching, climbing, pushing, pulling, crouching, stooping, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in manufacturing environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 80% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit resume noting job inquiry ID#330421123 to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.