**FAA Testing Required**
Perform various tasks associated with visual and dimensional inspection, from first article through final inspection, required in the fabrication and development of composite/metal components and assemblies, bonded parts, and other miscellaneous accessories. Work independently or as a team member, under supervision of quality management, in the daily execution of tasks necessary to meet quality and scheduled goals of the company.
- Work from general or written instructions, read blueprints, interpret models, utilize inspection check sheets, standard inspection devices, and interpret procedures
- Perform in-process, final inspection, and test operations to ensure quality standards for composite/metal component quality of workmanship and functional performance
- Inspect composite/metal components and perform part verification regarding locations, parallelism, height, angles and shapes using precision measuring equipment such as calipers, height gauges and micrometers
- Perform process and product audits. Recommend changes in standards, techniques, and procedures as warranted
- Prepare inspection reports, document observations such as nonconformance and rework
- Review production difficulties that are traceable to newly-built or faulty tooling, vendor-supplied material and/or manufacturing production procedures
- Communicate ideas, problems, and suggestions to supervisory authority. Refer needed condition improvements to Supervisor or Quality Engineer
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a corporate culture that supports the MTI’s overall business objectives and goals by providing leadership in issues that impact cost, quality, processes, schedules and people
Requirements / Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- 3 years of experience in the manufacturing industry
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software
- Ability to lead teams or projects achieving desired results on schedule
- Ability to present in a competent, efficient manner in dealing with the various levels of company personnel
- Must have a competitive spirit and willingness to learn
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/manager
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Must be able to clearly communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability
- Ongoing FAA testing and training
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such successful results of pre-employment FAA drug testing will be required.
- 2 years’ aviation repair shop experience in a similar role and familiar with FAA and 145 Repair Station requirements
- Familiar with plate layout inspection methods
- Experienced in calibration, CMM/FARO arm operations/programing
- Previous 145 “return to service” service certification
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools such as 5 Whys, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma and/or equivalent quality training
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and move throughout the facility. Will use hands, frequently stretching, climbing, pushing, pulling, crouching, stooping, reaching with hands and arms, and communicate. Work with hand tools and power tools and some heavy lifting is required. Work in manufacturing environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 20% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #7402060723MTRO to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Friday December 15th, 2023