Will be responsible for the inspection of production and prototype hardware using predetermined methods, operations, setups, and prescribed specifications to perform in-process and final inspections of machined parts. Cross training will be required in multiple inspection areas.
- Perform inspections in accordance with technical documentation
- Inform supervisor or management when concerns with quality issues arise
- Assist the Supervisor/Manager, as needed, with various audits and compliance projects
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Cross train in other inspection areas
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and excellent quality
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned tasks and interpret results of inspection
- Knowledge of precision measuring equipment (micrometers, dial calipers, etc.)
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Strong math background
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software
- Participate in cross-training efforts interacting with other departments to acquire additional skills and knowledge
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Must be able to communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- 20/25 vision (natural or corrected) required
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform overtime when necessary, including weekends when required
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- 1-3 years of previous manufacturing experience
- Ability to interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Prior experience with visual, airflow, and dimensional inspections of aerospace / gas turbine components a plus
- Experience working in a Quality System certified to ISO9001, AS9100, or Nadcap a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 75% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply you must submit resume noting job inquiry ID#3201200922WW to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.