The Quality Inspector is responsible for the accurate inspection of production and prototype hardware using predetermined methods, operations, setups, and prescribed specifications to perform in-process and final inspections of machined parts and assemblies. Undergoes and carries out acquired training across various operational functions throughout the scope of the Inspection Dept., proactively improving the capability and capacity of operations. This position reports to the Quality Manager.
- Confirm specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Reject parts and assemblies that fail to meet specifications in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Measure parts with calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Perform inspections in accordance with technical documentation.
- Operate electronic inspection equipment and software.
- Document inspections by completing required logs and forms.
- Input data into electronic quality database.
- Assist in maintaining measurement equipment by following operating instructions and calibration requirements; report repairs according to departmental instructions.
- Follow all standard operation procedures.
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards.
- Assist supervisor/manager, as needed, with various audits and compliance projects.
- Report quality concerns to supervisor and/or management personnel.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Actively participate in training across prescribed Inspection functions, thereby fostering increased efficiency and product conformance.
- Support departments in the day-to-day production of parts and assemblies.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Must have basic math skills
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and excellent quality
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and effectively perform assigned tasks and interpret results of inspections
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast-paced environment
- Basic computer knowledge; interfacing in PC environment
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skill
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Must be able to communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- 20/25 vision (natural or corrected) required
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform overtime when necessary
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Rate: $18 – 20/Hour + 10% shift differential
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary; sit for long periods of time, use hand to finger, handle, feel, stand, move throughout the facility, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to traverse stairs, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift, and/or position materials up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with or without assistance. Work in manufacturing environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 35% of the work day). Specific vision abilities are required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting Job #5402510923NY to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Friday March 8th, 2024