Reporting to the General Manager of B&B Precise Products, the Quality Manager (QM) will be responsible for the overall leadership, execution, and guidance of the quality assurance teams they manage. The QM leads the development, articulation, implementation and continuous improvement of Quality projects, policies and compliance programs. Performs as a champion for building a “culture of quality” across the organization. The QM will research, analyze, and audit processes and procedures and manage the development and training of all product specific workflows, remove waste and low-value activities, and recommend solutions. Guided by formal Lean Six Sigma methodologies, the QM will take the lead in implementing changes, acting as a leader and mentor for their team.
- Coach and develop both direct and, as appropriate, indirect reports through ongoing, example-based performance feedback, annual performance reviews and the provision of training and development opportunities. Ensure that performance issues are managed in a consistent and timely manner
- Identify and drive continuous improvement of quality procedures and compliance projects for product specific finished goods
- Manage clear communication with the customer regarding quality related items as needed, while coaching their direct team to do the same
- Review Purchase Order requirements using internal systems and manage flow down
- Understand all customer specifications and blue print requirements and their incorporation into the operation instructions
- Engage in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) using specified methods; FAI, FMEA, PFD, MSA, Process Capability, Control Plan, Run @ Rate, 8D, etc.
- Work with internal and external customers to identify and resolve manufacturing and quality issues related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment and process design.
- Analyze existing processes and find opportunities for improvement using various methods for root cause analysis and change implementation such as FMEA, DMAIC, PDCA, etc.
- Manage required training program for core teams using a Skills Matrix type system ensuring continuous improvement of core competencies, and making sure that learning resources are available
- Assist with leveraging findings across the company
- Assist in the development of procedures and work instructions from a quality perspective
- Manage Customer Approvals for sampling programs
- Drive product specific quality analytics and reporting on progress and performance of operational metrics to guide continuous improvement projects and initiatives
- Support overall QMS via internal audit system ensuring conformance to the requirements of AS9100 and other quality standards
- Serve as the interface and content expert for customer audits with applicable entities and internal departments
- Review of audits and findings including review and approval of customer corrective action requests
- Manage vendor quality including issuing corrective actions when the vendor is not meeting the quality expectations or quality flow down requirements
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Must meet one of the combined education + experience requirements below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, IO Psychology, or related field, AND 5+ years of Quality experience in a manufacturing environment
- 6+ years in Quality related role combined with HS diploma/GED
- 3 years of progressive continuous improvement
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Must be organized and committed to meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated aptitude for supervising employees
- Knowledge of aerospace quality standards including AS9100 and ISO, NADCAP experience/knowledge a plus.
- Working knowledge of QMS
- Possess a firm understanding of lean manufacturing and process improvement techniques with experience in application of the same
- Work without direct supervision
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Ability to work in fast paced team environment with a strong commitment to accountability
- Intermediate to advance proficiency in MS Office, Minitab experience a plus.
- Must be able to use standard gages (micrometers, height gages, calipers, etc.)
- Excellent speaking, listening, and written communication skills in English
- Must be able to travel domestically and internally as necessary without restriction and, upon request prior to travel, must be able to provide any documentation that may be required by the country of destination Minimal amounts of travel will be required.
- All applicants must meet the ITAR definition of a US Person(s)
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or similar training
- Prior experience with self-release (DSQR, SARA, DQCR, etc.)
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and move throughout the facility. Will use hands, frequently stretching, climbing, pushing, pulling, crouching, stooping, reaching with hands and arms, and communicating. Work in manufacturing environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 75% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply please submit resume, noting job inquiry ID #11430020922BB, to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.