Responsible for providing support, communication, and record keeping for quality, planning, and risk-related initiatives; Perform data collection and abstracting activities, data entry, submission of data, and continuous quality improvement audits; Assist with development of proactive studies to assess data integrity; Work independently and as a team member, under supervision of quality management, in the daily execution of tasks necessary to meet quality and scheduled goals of the company; Adhere to all applicable quality and safety standards.
- Assist with MRB process and flow of product in and out of MRB
- Assist in updating and distributing visual management trackers as well as support implementing lean manufacturing throughout manufacturing production areas
- Work closely with Quality Engineers on projects and quality implementations as well as root cause analysis on non-conformances to identify the causes and prevent reoccurrences
- Review standard operating procedures for accuracy and consistency to ensure agreement with regulations
- File protocols, amendments, deviations, inspections, or other quality documents appropriately
- Perform complex data management duties including, but not limited to, data abstraction, data quality collection, data entry, spreadsheet development, data mapping, quality management tools creation, and report querying
- Maintain all necessary data entry in systems to assure proper record keeping of non-conformances, inspection results, etc.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a corporate culture that supports MTI’s overall business objectives and goals by providing leadership in issues that involve cost, quality, processes, schedules, and people
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Ability to interpret blueprints and an understanding of GD&T
- Ability to use standard inspection equipment
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software
- Ability to lead teams or projects achieving desired results on schedule
- Ability to present information in English in a competent, efficient manner in dealing with the various levels of company personnel
- Must have a competitive spirit and willingness to learn
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/manager
- Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast-paced with a strong commitment to accountability
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Hight School Diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Preferable Experience and Qualifications:
- 2 to 5 years of quality experience in aerospace or industrial gas turbine industry
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools such as 5 Whys, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, and/or equivalent quality training
- Associate’s Degree in relevant field such as manufacturing, engineering, etc.
- SPC (Minitab) experience desired
- MPCS experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and move throughout the facility. Will use hands, frequently stretch, climb, push, pull, crouch, stoop, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work with hand tools and power tools and some heavy lifting is required. Work in manufacturing environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 80% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit resume, noting job inquiry ID #385040722KYR, to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.