Responsible for providing support, communication, and record keeping for quality, planning, and risk-related initiatives. Perform inspection, data collection, data entry, submission of data, and continuous improvement quality audits. Perform over-inspection and related activities as a certified Designated Quality Representative (DQR) per customer requirements. Be involved with parts from inception to completion. Work independently or as a team member, under supervision of quality management, in the daily execution of tasks necessary to meet quality and scheduled goals of the customer.
• Work from general or written instructions, read blueprints, interpret models, utilize inspection check sheets, standard inspection devices, and interpret procedures and customer specifications.
• Perform in-process, final inspection, over inspection and test operations to ensure quality standards are being maintained; carries out full scope of DQR duties and responsibilities in accordance with customer requirements.
• Inspect and perform part verification regarding locations, parallelism, height, angles and shapes using precision measuring equipment such as gages, calipers, scales, micrometers etc.
• Perform process and product audits. Recommend changes in standards, techniques, and procedures as warranted.
• Review SPC data to ensure negative quality trends are identified
• Review production difficulties that are traceable to equipment, newly-built or faulty tooling, vendor-supplied material and/or manufacturing/inspection procedures and aid in continuous improvement projects.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of a corporate culture that supports MTI’s overall business objectives and goals by providing leadership in issues that impact cost, quality, processes, schedules and people.
• Review purchase orders, purchase order revisions, customer specifications, MTI procedures and operation sheets for compliance.
• Assist with MRB process and flow of product in and out of MRB
• Work closely with Quality Engineers on projects and quality implementations as well as root cause analysis on non-conformances to identify the causes and prevent reoccurrences
• Perform and document First Article Inspection activities for submission to internal and external customers
• Adhere to all Quality standards
• Minimum 2 years of quality experience in aerospace or industrial gas turbine industry
• Must obtain AS13001 Certification and any additional customer specific requirements to qualify as a DQR. Must also maintain required accreditation during the DQR tenure.
• Ability to interpret blueprints and an understanding of GD&T
• Ability to use standard inspection equipment
• High School diploma or equivalent (documentation required)
• Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- (documentation required)
• Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software
• Ability to lead teams or projects achieving desired results on schedule
• Ability to present in a competent, efficient manner in dealing with the various levels of company personnel
• Must have a competitive spirit and willingness to learn
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor/manager
• Ability to follow instructions and communicate information to others both verbally and in writing in English
• Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability
• Must be able to work required hours to ensure delivery of customer product. (May require staying past normal scheduled hours and weekends)
• MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
• Knowledge of root cause analysis tools such as 5 Whys, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, and/or equivalent quality training
• SPC (Minitab) experience desired
• MPCS experience
$19.50 – $22.50 Base Hourly Rate
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and move throughout the facility. Will use hands, frequent stretching, climbing, pushing, pulling, crouching, stooping, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work with hand tools and power tools and some heavy lifting is required. Work in manufacturing environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 40% of the work day). The employee must sometimes lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. 20/25 vision is required (either natural or corrected). The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting Job Inquiry #5402470422NY to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.