Reporting to the Quality Manager (QM), the Quality Technician (QT) will be responsible for supporting Quality Engineers in the implementation and maintenance of work instructions and procedures created to meet customer requirements. Will be supporting and leading by example in the building and maintenance of a “culture of quality” across the organization. Will work as part of a team to assure all requirements are met and are up to standards to support our goals of quality, cost and delivery. Responsible for supporting Meyer Tool’s Quality Management System objectives of Quality, Cost and Delivery by processing non-conforming hardware, gathering and submitting customer required data and reviewing documentation. The QT will be responsible for ensuring conforming disposition and safe shipment of customer hardware. This position works closely with all job functions in the organization as well as external customers to ensure all aspects of part quality are met.
1. Process non-conforming hardware, preparing deviation reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends; entering data and generating reports and presentations.
2. Work closely with Quality Engineers on projects and quality implementations as well as root cause analysis on non-conformances to identify root cause and prevent reoccurrence
3. Gather and submit customer required data prior to shipment, such as eQNs, FAIRs, and C of Cs
4. Keeps track of deviation precedence to streamline review procedures and customer disposition
5. Supports Quality Engineering in development, changes, review and approval of internal work instructions
6. Submit metallurgical samples for laboratory review as necessary
7. Support over-inspection and shipment needs as required to meet customer demands
8. Participate in Continuous Improvement projects
9. Assist the Quality Manager, as needed, with RCCA investigations and information collection
10. Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
11. Must be able to work required hours to ensure delivery of customer product (May require flexible scheduling for training period and to meet customer demands).
- 1 year experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- Must have HS diploma or equivalent
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software
- Must be able to work in a team environment and prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Sound analytical problem-solving skills, process troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to immediately receive SAE DPRV training and PW DQR training as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate information to others both verbally and in writing in English
- 20/25 vision (natural or corrected)
- Must be able to use standard gauges: micrometers, height gauges, calipers etc.
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
• Understanding of quality systems such as AS9100, ISO and NADCAP
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings and/or models
• Knowledge of root cause analysis tools such as 5 Whys, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma and/or equivalent quality training
• Associates Degree in relevant field
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and move throughout the facility. Will use hands, frequent stretching, climbing, pushing, pulling, crouching, stooping, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in manufacturing environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 80% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #3291011023 to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.