FAA Testing Mandatory
Research, design and development of Jet-engine component repairs. Design of repairs from concept to production. Interface with OEM, overhaul facilities, customers and operations.
- Perform research, design and development of Jet-engine component repairs
- Support market analysis by matching new repair opportunities with shop capabilities
- Design repairs from concept to production
- Interface with OEM, overhaul facilities, customers and operations personnel
- Provide shop support in the execution of repairs and in general
- Develop tooling concepts for specific repairs
- Generate process routers
- Develop first article packages for part approvals
- Develop technical relationships with customers.
- Support all shop operations.
- Work with Quality in investigating discrepancies and escapes
- Support Sourcing with Supplier visits and evaluations (heat treat, machining, thermal spray)
- Documented history of technical experience with aviation, aero derivative, and industrial engine component overhaul, repair, and repair development
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute technical work instructions
- Bachelor’s in Manufacturing, Aerospace, Chemical Engineering, or Industrial Technology- Documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- Documentation Required
- Working knowledge of part cleaning, inspecting, joining, HT, coating and machining
- Ability to read blueprints and perform dimensional stacks for part processing
- Working knowledge of gas turbine overhaul and maintenance manuals
- Demonstrated ability to run multiple work orders to achieve delivery and cost objectives
- Experience with tool design and non-traditional manufacturing methods (EDM, Laser)
- Demonstrated working knowledge of aerospace quality systems: AS9100, FAR 145 requirements and ISO registration
- Ability to generate labor and material assessments of component repair and overhaul
- Manufacturing, Engineering and/or Inspection experience highly desirable
- AP Mechanics licenses a plus
- 3-years’ experience using CAD/CAM software (including AutoCAD) desirable
- Working knowledge of MPCS or equivalent Order Processing system
- Ongoing FAA training and testing required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment FAA drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button, scroll mouse and keyboard – 75% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required PPE. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, submit resume noting job inquiry ID #7700111223MTRO to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.