Reporting to the Shipping Supervisor, the Shipping Coordinator will coordinate outbound and inbound logistical operations, both domestic and international. Tasks include releasing customer deliveries, creating and finalizing shipments, contacting carriers and preparing transportation documentation. This person will also work with customer service, the department supervisor, and the shipping dock to expedite customer orders and trouble shoot issues that could arise. Will adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Outstanding organization and excellent attention to detail a must
- Must maintain excellent attendance record
- Ability to manage time effectively and communicate across multiple departments
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and excellent quality
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned tasks
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment
- Participate in cross-training efforts interacting with other departments to acquire additional skills and knowledge
- Basic computer navigation and data entry skills
- Intermediate or higher skill level with MS Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Must be able to write and document information clearly in English
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform overtime when necessary 8am-6:30pm (M-Th) and 8am-5pm (Fri)
- Must be willing to work Saturdays, as needed to satisfy business demands
- High school diploma or equivalent – Documentation Required (Associates in Logistics or related field preferred)
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- Documentation Required
- Ability to become forklift certified (post-hire)
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- 1-3 years of previous logistics experience
- Experience in domestic and international shipping
- Current Forklift certification
- Familiarity with MPCS is a plus
- Experience working in a Quality System certified to ISO9001, AS9100, or Nadcap a plus
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, bend at the waist and knees, squat, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally 50 pounds without assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply please submit resume noting job inquiry #340510721R to the Human Resources Department by email at email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Tuesday June 13th, 2023