FAA Testing Mandatory
Research, Development, and Industrialize component repairs for turbine-based components. Take written or conceptual repairs and turn them into industrialized processes. Implement the required processes while keeping Safety, Quality, TAT, Cost, and Lean processes in mind. Develop tooling and machine processes as needed to achieve success. Interface with OEM, Overhaul Facilities, Customers, internal facilities and Operations. Adhere to all applicable quality and safety standards.
- Industrialize customer repair processes to ensure Safety, Quality, and cost are met
- Develop repairs processes based on sound engineering practices and industry processes
- High level of communication with OEM, Overhaul facilities, Customers, Leadership, and Production personnel
- Provide continuing shop support in the execution of industrialized repairs and processes
- Develop tooling concepts to achieve process capabilities and deliverables
- Generate process routers and operation sheets
- Develop first article packages for part approvals from OEM’s
- Develop technical relationships with internal and external customers and services
- Support all shop operations for cleaning, joining and machining
- Work with Quality in investigating discrepancies and escapes
- Support Sourcing with Supplier visits and evaluations
- B.S. in a technical field or the combination of HS Diploma and 12 years’ manufacturing experience
- Background with technical experience in aviation, aero derivative, and industrial engine component overhaul, repair, and repair development
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute technical work instructions
- Working knowledge of part cleaning, inspecting, joining, HT, coating and machining
- Working knowledge of operation sheet systems or equivalent Order Processing system
- Ability to read blueprints and perform dimensional stacks for part processing
- Strong understanding of GD&T
- Working knowledge of gas turbine overhaul and maintenance manuals
- Demonstrated ability to run multiple projects to achieve delivery and cost objectives
- Experience with tool design and non-traditional manufacturing methods
- Demonstrated working knowledge of aerospace quality systems: AS9100, FAR 145 requirements and ISO registration
- Ability to generate labor and material assessments of component repair and overhaul
- Ability to clearly communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- Ability to fully follow instructions verbally and in writing in English
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to Quality, Safety, delivery
- Ongoing FAA testing and Training
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of FAA drug screening will be required.
- Manufacturing, Engineering and/or Inspection experience highly desirable
- AP Mechanics licenses a plus
- 3-years’ experience using CAD/CAM software (including AutoCAD) desirable
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 50% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #7700090722MTRO to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Monday August 15th, 2022