Performs required operations on shot peen equipment and vibratory polishing mills, including loading and unloading of parts, part inspection, machine preparation including part set-ups. Cleans and performs preventive maintenance and minor adjustments of assigned equipment based on standard work; Prepares various logs and records to document machine operation and daily production output and enters required data into computer; Moves/transports parts to appropriate location as needed; Maintains safe, clean and orderly work areas; Receives, reviews, and /or refers to various records or reports including travelers, shift reports, SOP, safety sheets, etc.; Prepares labor time sheets and non-conformance forms; Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals including the immediate supervisor, co-workers, and other shop personnel; Operates Automated and CNC shot peening machines, Super-polishing equipment, micrometers, gauges, various power tools, computer, etc.; Performs related duties as required. Will adhere to all safety and quality standards.
- High School diploma (or equivalent) is required combined with work experience listed below
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Prior knowledge of general shot peening principles and the application and use of Almen strip gages to define peen intensity and saturation
- Must have good mechanical skills to perform part set-ups and part fixturing
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Ability to read and understanding process related job instructions
- Must be willing to work several part process related job assignments within the process task time for peening and finishing turbine airfoils, gear components, and related components
- Must be able to work required overtime, including weekdays and weekends, to meet customer requirements
- Ability communicate and follow instructions verbally and in writing in English
- General understanding and application of math to add, subtract, multiply and divide to solve problems
- Ability to obtain license for and operate a fork truck
- Good verbal communication skills are required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug screening will be required.
- Technical degree in mechanical or electrical trade program
- Ability to fabricate simple and build basic part tooling
- Experience in welding of Almen strip fixtures to measure peen intensity
- Fork truck license
Physical Demands /Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 35-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud, hearing protection is required. In all cases, must be able to use required personal protective equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, submit resume noting job inquiry ID #9400080823AMK to the HR Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.