The Tool Custodian is responsible for the Tooling Preventative Maintenance (TPM) process including recall and review. This person will work with the tooling inspectors to review and inspect tooling per the Tooling Preventative Maintenance plan including documentation of all findings and results.
- Maintaining the Tooling Preventative Maintenance (TPM) program across multiple Meyer sites
- Collecting and tracking recall of tooling when TPM is needed from multiple Meyer sites
- Coordinate with the engineering and manufacturing teams to rotate or schedule tooling for maintenance reviews
- Coordinate and assist with tooling inspections when required
- Work closely with the tool room, tool design department, and engineering to review TPM results and recommend necessary rework, corrections, or recall adjustments
- Responsible for entering and maintaining accurate record keeping of TPM evaluations in tracking software
- Review metrics of the TPM program and suggest solutions or changes for tooling that frequently fails TPM
- Maintain and track customer/government owned tooling, complete and maintain tooling manifests, and coordinate tooling audits
- Maintain quality records, photos, and documentation of all fixtures as required
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent- documentation required
- Manufacturing experience a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and excellent quality
- Ability to interface with many different personalities and levels of personnel in manufacturing and office work environments
- Attention to detail with establishing priorities, flagging items for attention and meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned tasks and interpret results
- Working knowledge of measurement equipment used within Metrology such as micrometers, calipers, digital height gage, height master, manual height gages, gage pins, gage blocks, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong ability to organize and multi-task
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Must be able to write, document, and communicate information clearly to others in English
- 20/25 vision (natural or corrected) required
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform overtime when necessary, including weekends when required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Experience with tool making, tool design, layout inspection, or similar experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Competent in mathematics (geometry, trigonometry, algebra) and basic statistics to be able to calculate and evaluate inspection data
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, bend at the waist and knees, squat, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 25% of the workday). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit resume, noting job inquiry ID #3291031023, to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.