This position is responsible for development and documentation of tools and fixture designs for both development and production of aerospace and industrial gas turbine hardware.
This position reports to the Tool Design Manager. Working under minimal supervision, carries out a variety of moderately complex to complex design assignments, exercising considerable to extensive latitude in the use of initiatives and independent judgment. Prepares sketches or completes detail and layout drawings from verbal or written instructions. Tool Designer will work independently on the development of original designs or adaptations requiring specialized experience while maintaining compliance with the customer’s specifications.
- Design tools, fixtures, gages, etc. for manufacturing of development and production hardware
- Perform analytical calculations necessary for designing tooling and fixtures (tolerance stack-ups, fits, torque requirements, thermal expansion at various temperatures etc.)
- Ensure design will conform to application stresses and requirements
- Work with manufacturing shop personnel and process engineering to assure that designs meet production and customer requirements
- Understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per Y14.5M-1994 or similar
- Understand the characteristics of materials used in design
- Seek to achieve maximum cost efficiency and usability in design
- Have the ability to develop tooling designs from parts or assembly prints
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or reduce production inefficiencies
- Perform miscellaneous duties and project as assigned and required
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Experience in Aerospace or IGT Tool Design (or current enrollment in degree program in Engineering or other applicable technical discipline)
- High school diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Knowledge and ability to apply use of Siemens NX or comparable CAD software
- Must be able to provide documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision blueprints, drawings, and models
- Must met ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Must be able to communicate information to personnel and customers verbally and in writing in English
- Must be able to follow instructions in writing and verbally in English
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug screening will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse, 3D mouse, and keyboard – 95% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #710310122 to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Saturday December 9th, 2023