The Tooling/Layout Inspector is responsible for performing the inspection of fixtures and gages by utilizing surface plates, calipers, micrometers, height gauges, Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMMs), and any other applicable precision measuring devices, instruments, and equipment. The Tooling Inspector ensures the quality and conformity by verifying conformance to technical drawings and specifications and documenting the results.
• Determine methods, sequences, and inspection equipment required to inspect and approve precision fixtures and gages during tool build and after completion
• Perform complex inspections and calibrations for new and existing gages and fixtures using approved standards, techniques, and equipment in and outside of the Metrology lab
• Responsible for issuing fixtures and gages for use and receiving gages from internal and external suppliers
• Responsible for tracking gages that are due for calibration internally, including from Meyer satellite facilities
• Work closely with the tool room, tool design department, and engineering to review inspection results and recommend necessary rework and corrections
• Responsible for entering and maintaining accurate record keeping of fixture/gage status in applicable tracking software.
• Maintain quality records, photos, and documentation of all gages and fixtures
• Train new department employees in the use and maintenance of metrology lab equipment
• Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
• Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
• Working knowledge of measurement equipment used within metrology such as micrometers, calipers, digital height gage, optical comparator, height master, manual height gages, gage pins, gage blocks, compound sine plates, sine bars, and other general inspection tools
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and an understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Competent in mathematics (geometry, trigonometry, algebra22) and basic statistics to be able to calculate and evaluate inspection data
• Ability to work in a team environment that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and excellent quality
• Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned tasks and interpret results
• Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent- documentation required
• Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
• Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills required
• Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions in English
• Must be able to communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
• 20/25 vision (natural or corrected) required
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must be able to perform overtime when necessary, including weekends when required
• MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
• Experience in tool making, tool design, layout inspection, or similar experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, bend at the waist and knees, squat, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 25% of the workday). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, submit resume noting job inquiry ID #3291040124 to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.