This individual will use drawings and specifications, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair fixtures, jigs, and gages.
- Review blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences required to fabricate fixtures, jigs, gages, and assemblies
- Set up and operate conventional and numerically controlled machines such as lathes, mills, and grinders to cut, bore, grind or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, height master, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify fixtures, jigs, gages, and tools using machine tools and hand tools
- Conduct test runs with completed tools to ensure that they meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary
- Lift, position, and secure materials on surface plates, machines, or worktables
- Setup and use various material holding methods such as vises, v-blocks, and angle plates
- All other jobs/tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- 2+ years’ experience in tool making or a similar manufacturing environment
- High School diploma or equivalent –documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s) –documentation required
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, use, repair, and maintenance
- Working knowledge of blueprints, specifications, and GD&T interpretation
- Ability to use equipment such as conventional machines, NC machines, and hand tools
- Ability to use inspection equipment including micrometers, calipers, height gages, etc.
- Knowledge of basic math as well as geometry, trigonometry, and their applications
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Finger dexterity and ability to see details at close range
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Must be able to clearly communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Associate degree in manufacturing technology or related field preferred
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand continuously, use hands, reach with hands and arms, use finger dexterity, move throughout the facility, and communicate. Work in shop environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard < 2% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus (20/25 corrected vision). The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #600061022 to the Human Resources Department at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.