MUST BE A KENTUCKY RESIDENT
The Lathe Machinist has the ability to run multiple machines effectively and efficiently on a continuous basis and can identify problems during the production run, position work pieces, and inspect parts on a daily basis using various types of inspection equipment.
Performs required operations on Lathe machines, including loading and unloading of parts, part inspection, tool holder preparation and insert changing; cleans and performs preventive maintenance and minor adjustments of assigned equipment; prepares various logs and records to document machine operation and daily production; enters required data into computer; moves/transports parts to appropriate location as needed; handles parts in a manner to prevent damage; maintains safe, clean and orderly work areas; receives, reviews, and /or refers to various records or reports including travelers, shift reports, SOPs, safety sheets, etc.; prepares labor sheets and non-conformance forms; interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals including the immediate supervisor, co-workers, engineering, and other shop personnel; operates height gage, micrometers, scooter gauges, various power tools, computers, etc.; performs related duties as required.
- Set up and switch jobs as required
- Produce effectively and efficiently within standard time allotment
- Keep track of materials in the area
- Minor maintenance of machine
- Maintain an excellent attendance record
- Verify all parts are conforming before signing off on traveler
- Keep track of all scrap and seek corrective action when necessary
- Run and maintain the function of 2+ machines in a manufacturing cell
- Maintain all inspection equipment and tooling as required
- Function effectively within a team environment
- Embrace Changes
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Must demonstrate a high ability in the area of machining
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in Lathe machining
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- Be able to write and document information clearly
- Must have an understanding of the machining process
- Must be able to run parts to spec on a daily basis on multiple machines
- Must be able to read simple part drawings
- Must be able to use and read micrometers, dial calipers, height gage, scooter gages, computers and indicators accurately
- Must be able to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Perform any other task management deems necessary or needed by the company
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- MUST BE A KENTUCKY RESIDENT
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands, and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast-paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #10913030921CXR to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Tuesday July 5th, 2022