This position is responsible for Quality management and support in the Water Jet division at Headquarters while supporting satellite facilities with Water Jet Processes. Responsibilities also include overseeing quality control in documentation, contract review, and supply chain flow down of quality requirements. Performs Quality Engineering assignments, utilizing problem-solving techniques, process improvements, auditing techniques and quality principles. Supports Company mission of meeting customer needs through Quality, Cost and Delivery goals and objectives.
Overseeing the Water Jet division in maintaining and improving the quality management system while also supporting the process of evaluating and processing of non-conforming hardware.
- Review quality engineering documentation to ensure it contains the necessary quality assurance and customer provisions and criteria
- Work with engineering, customer service support, and operations to drive continuous improvement in products and processes
- Review final inspection and/or perform sample inspection instructions for product prior to shipping as required
- Develop the Quality Engineers and Technicians in the Water Jet program in cross-training program
- Manage and support customer specific audits and compliance projects
- Maintain quality documentation of engineering documentation to ensure product traceability
- Oversee the data analytics of operational machine efficiencies
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- Must be able to maintain flexible schedule to support customer based product needs (May require staying past normal scheduled hours and weekends occasionally)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or applicable field and 3+ years of Quality Management experience in an aerospace business
- Experience with new product introduction and development programs is a plus
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software
- Ability to lead teams or projects achieving desired results on schedule
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills required
- Must be able to use standard gauges: micrometers, height gauges, calipers etc.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as necessary
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Experience with Nadcap, ISO, and AS standards
- Prior experience as an auditor
- Green Belt in Six Sigma or similar training
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools such as 5 Whys, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma and/or equivalent quality training
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Will use hands, frequent stretching, climbing, pushing, pulling, crouching, stooping, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in manufacturing environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 75% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply please submit resume, noting job inquiry ID#415661218WJ, to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person Monday – Friday between the hours of 8:00am – 4:30pm at 3055 Colerain Avenue Cincinnati, OH 45225. No phone calls or agencies.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Wednesday January 23rd, 2019