FAA Testing Required
Reporting to the Waterjet Quality Manager, the Waterjet Inspector will be responsible for inspecting aerospace / gas turbine engine components for compliance with engineering drawings, customer requirements and company specifications. Accountable to approve items within specifications and recommend disposition of items not meeting standards. Will adhere to all quality standards.
- Must be able to use standard gauges (micrometers, height gauges, calipers etc.)
- Must have a strong math background
- Must have HS Diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned tasks and interpret results of inspections
- Must be able to interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances
- Ability to meet critical deadlines and work in fast paced environment
- Basic to Intermediate proficiency in MS Office software
- Participate in cross-training efforts interacting with other departments to acquire additional skills and knowledge
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
- Must be able to communicate information clearly verbally and in writing in English
- 20/25 vision (natural or corrected) required
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform overtime when necessary, including weekends
- Must be willing to work a swing shift, if required
- Ongoing FAA Testing Mandatory
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of FAA drug testing will be required.
Prior experience with visual, airflow, and dimensional inspections of aerospace / gas turbine components
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 25% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit resume, noting job inquiry ID #415860722WJ, to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.