FAA Testing Required
Reporting to the Waterjet Operations Manager, this position is responsible for performing required operations on Waterjet machines effectively and efficiently by loading, securing, and unloading hardware while appropriately inspecting hardware for nonconformance.
- Verify that hardware is handled and stored properly
- Verify all serial numbers on hardware match the serial numbers on the travelers
- Select the correct equipment and materials per instructions provided
- Secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and hardware on the machine using hand tools
- Use precision-measuring instruments to verify accuracy of inspection tools, quality of hardware, and/or machine set-ups
- Determine whether an adjustment is required as related to inspection results, tool changes, setup, and/or hardware placement
- Remove and replace worn tools
- Ensure all features on gauges and/or fixtures are secure and functioning
- Contribute towards achievement of cell goals
- Verify relevant documentation is completed per internal procedures
- Load hardware and shim check appropriately
- Diagnose and communicate any machine, hardware, or process-related issues
- Monitor and maintain abrasive levels as needed
- Notify necessary personnel when documentation may require modification
- Complete necessary checks and preventative maintenance to machines/equipment
- Communicate with others in a clear and cohesive manner to perform all duties
- Respond appropriately to machine issues
- Perform other duties as required
- Adhere to all quality standards
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent- documentation required
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Be able to follow written and verbal directions in English
- Must have an understanding of the machining process
- Must be able to communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- Must have basic addition and subtraction skills involving whole numbers, decimals, and fractions
- Must maintain excellent attendance record
- Must be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- FAA Testing and Training Mandatory
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-placement FAA drug testing will be required.
- Experience operating a Waterjet machine
- Completion of a machinist apprenticeship program or equivalent
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will perform skillful and coordinated movement of arms, hands, and fingers to grasp, place, move, or assemble objects. The employee must lift or move 50lbs without assistance. Must stand for long periods of time and/or bend over when working in machines. Will need the ability to move throughout the facility. The employee must have visual acuity to inspect small details in order to recognize nonconformance of hardware (natural or corrected). In accordance with safety guidelines, employee must be able to wear required personal protective equipment and use proper lifting techniques for loading hardware, consumables, and fixtures. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit resume, noting job inquiry ID #415840722WJ, to the Human Resources Department by email at: email@example.com.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.