The Waterjet Production Control role is responsible for planning, committing, coordinating, and expediting the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies throughout the manufacturing process; including receiving, manufacturing, outside vendors, and shipping to meet customer delivery requirements.
- Establish, maintain, and modify shipping commits based on internal schedules, external schedules, and customer demand
- Determine production requirements and communicate with operations to ensure 100% on-time delivery of customer orders
- Regulate product mix and batch sizes in production to satisfy customer needs
- Monitor and expedite the flow of parts to ensure prompt progress of goods to conform to production schedules
- Interface with manufacturing, purchasing, engineering personnel, etc. on material status and production planning issues
- Evaluate material inventory and implement process improvements to reduce and eliminate aged WIP, raw material, and finished goods.
- Organize and manage weekly production schedule meetings to communicate in-process and completion status
- Provide support in preparation and execution of physical inventory
- Perform various tasks to support Operations as needed
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- Associate’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Industrial Management, or Technical related field OR, in lieu of degree, 5+ years’ experience in production control with high school diploma
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s) – documentation required
- Must be organized and possess excellent time management skills and skills to adapt to priority changes
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Must have basic math skills involving whole numbers, decimals, and fractions
- Must be able to transpose, compare, and manipulate numbers
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate information to others in writing and verbally in English
- Ability to multitask and follow written and verbal instructions in English with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work all required hours which may include weekends and overtime
- Must be able to work effectively in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with strong commitment to accountability
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of drug testing will be required.
- Experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment
- MPCS knowledge
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, move throughout the facility, climb stairs, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Total amount of walking per day will average approximately 2-3 miles. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 40 pounds unassisted. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply please submit resume, noting job inquiry ID #415890822WJ, to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.