The welder will prepare, arrange, fit and assemble a variety of materials (stainless, carbon, nickel alloy, cobalt alloy etc.), and components using a variety of weld processes TIG, MIG, torch, (oxygen acetylene), TIG brazing.
Apply all types of welding processes to various parts, assemblies, and components. Make welds in all positions. Possess skills to successfully interpret and execute production using drawings, blue prints, and planning. Set up and perform welding operations in the facility, manual and/or automatic within the limits of certifications in accordance with customer requirements, and current methods and process sheets. Check welds visually and dimensionally with precision measuring instruments for conformance to blueprints and specifications. Have a working knowledge of welding practice and weld – ability of current metal groups within their certification. Be a flexible team player and participate with problem solving and continuous improvements. All other duties and/or tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Must pass weld test coupons per AWS D17 (ref weld groups stainless, Nickle, Cobalt, Alum and Titanium) Included butt, lap, edge, corner and tee joints
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)
- Must have sheet metal fabrications skills, familiar with assembly/disassembly procedures
- Must be able to demonstrate tube welding at 45, 60 and 90 degree angles
- Desired skill 3 years’ experience tube welding of aerospace alloys such as 321 SS, Inconel 625 and Titanium
- Desired current weld certification per AWS D17, weld groups Stainless, Inconel, Alum and Titanium.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience using TIG, torch (oxygen acetylene), TIG brazing
- Experience with aerospace alloys such as Stainless Steel, Inconel, Titanium, Cobalt and Alum
- Experience with in-process use of visual and FPI inspection a plus
Physical Demands /Work Environment:
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job. Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 35-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required personal protective equipment (PPE). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please submit resume noting job inquiry ID 9900100219AMK to the Human Resources Department by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at 283 Sullivan Ave. South Windsor, CT between 8am-4:30pm Monday – Friday.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Monday February 25th, 2019