The Welder/Fabricator will prepare, arrange, fit and assemble a variety of materials for machine build. This person will have experience creating, modifying, and repairing industrial machines, as needed. They will use benders, saws, grinders, MiG, TIG and arch welders along with cutting torches to accomplish their tasks.
- Apply various types of welding processes as determine by the project
- Make welds with tight tolerance requirements and with limited accessibility
- Be a positive flexible team player and participate with problem solving and continuous improvements
- All other duties and/or tasks assigned by supervisor
- Adhere to all safety and quality standards
- High School diploma or equivalent certification (documentation required)
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person (documentation required)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience using TIG, MIG, torch, (oxygen acetylene)
- Must have sheet metal fabrications skills, familiar with assembly/disassembly procedures
- Strong basic math and trigonometry skills
- Possess skills to successfully interpret and execute tasks using drawings and repair manuals, as required
- Have a working knowledge of general welding practices and weld ability of metal groups
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes high morale, teamwork, pride, productivity and excellent quality
- Ability to process and communicate information using Microsoft Office software
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions in English
- Must be able to clearly communicate information to others verbally and in writing in English
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and follow direct instructions, when needed
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required
- MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, move throughout the facility, and communicate. May be required to bend, stoop, crouch kneel, and stretch. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #540130722ATD to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
This post will expire on Thursday August 18th, 2022