The Welding Engineer will develop, recommend and coordinate the implementation of a sound welding program through improved weld processes, techniques and safety procedures utilizing GTAW, GTAW-P, (manual and mechanized) Electron Beam, and Laser welding processes and brazing procedures.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes and directs the technical aspects of all types of welding processes and issues
- Establishes and documents welding processes in accordance with national and military standards and specifications
- Conducts welding and brazing testing and qualifies employees to specific procedures and processes in accordance with Prime Contractor, AWS, and AMS Specifications along with ASME, ISO, and other related codes
- Develops, recommends, and coordinates the implementation of improved/enhanced processes, techniques, and safety procedures for all welding performed within the company
- Identifies problems with and identifies the resolution of welding processes, issues, and concerns
- Performs root cause analysis with emphasis on eliminating problems through design analysis, ergonomic issues, and machine/welding/assembly process improvements including equipment/materials purchasing requirements
- Keeps abreast of Best Practices and state-of-the-art welding technologies and safety procedures used throughout the industry
- Serves as a key resource in the development of capacity planning, production control and troubleshooting of production welding processes
- Identify the need for, and drive the design requirements for associated production tooling
- Performs all other job related duties as assigned by management
- Adhere to AS9100 and other quality standards
- S. Degree in Welding Engineering / Welding Technology
- Must have a minimum of five years’ experience as a weld engineer, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Must meet ITAR definition of US Person(s)- documentation required
- Must have “hands-on” welding experience
- Must have experience in developing the welding procedure specifications and procedure qualification reports to the codes required
- Must have experience in developing welding estimates for potential work
- Experience in one or more of the following areas are required: fabrication/welding, heat treat, and welding metallurgy. A proficiency in the use of Solid Works and/or similar CAD software is a significant plus.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Experience in the Visual MRP System is a plus
- AMK/MTI is a safety sensitive manufacturer. As such, successful results of pre-employment drug testing will be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and communicate. Work in office environment and use of computer (typical 2-button scroll mouse and keyboard – 75% of the work day). The employee must frequently lift/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Must be able to use required Personal Protective Equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a supportive team environment that is fast paced with a strong commitment to accountability.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required in this job.
To apply, please submit your resume noting job inquiry #9700110723AMK to the Human Resources Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetics, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Will remain posted until filled.